Institute on Aging's 24-hour toll-free Friendship Line is the only accredited crisis line in the country for people aged 60 years and older, and adults living with disabilities. The Friendship Line is both a crisis intervention hotline and a warmline for non-urgent calls. In addition to receiving incoming calls, Friendship Line also offers outreach. They connect with people on a regular basis, and help monitor their physical and mental health concerns. Friendship Line provides round-the-clock crisis support services including:
- Active suicide intervention
- Providing emotional support
- Elder abuse prevention and counselling
- Giving well-being checks
- Grief support through assistance and reassurance
- Information and referrals for isolated older adults, and adults living with disabilities
Friendship Line is a program of Institute on Aging
3575 Geary Boulevard
San Francisco CA 94118
Open 24 hours a day.
Agency Location Information
Wheelchair accessible. Please call agency for accessibility information.
People aged 60 years and older and adults living with disabilities in the US.